Prosecutor Eleni Touloupaki was called as a suspect in the Novartis case by the Prosecutor of the Supreme Court of Greece
The Anti-Corruption Prosecutor, as well as two Assistant Prosecutors subpoenaed by the Greek Supreme Court Prosecutor to provide explanations for the offenses related to the pharmaceutical company Novartis bribery case in Greece.
For the first time in judicial history of Greece,
The Prosecutor of the Supreme Court subpoena the chief anti-Corruption Prosecutor and two assistance Prosecutors in which it is noted, among other things, that knowingly exposed 10 politicians to persecution and punishment with fabricated and false information.
The subpoena, for the Greek anti-corruption Prosecutor, which states, among other things, that she knowingly exposed the 10 politicians to prosecution and punishment with fabricated and false information.
Corruption prosecutors are being investigated for a number of misdemeanors related to fabricating false information, knowingly prosecuting innocent people and providing protection to witnesses who were not entitled to it, according to a subpoenas sent to them by Supreme Court Deputy Attorneys General Evangelos Zachafris and Lambros Sofoulakis.
OFFICIAL DOCUMENT Greek Supreme Court Prosecutor summons the country's t...
The seven-page subpoena is a disaster for Corruption Prosecutor Eleni Touloupaki as, among other things, it is pointed out that she is called to give explanations for:
– expose an innocent person to persecution or punishment
– expose the 10 politicians in your knowledge to persecution and punishment with fabricated and false information that you have collected
– place 3 witnesses (M. Sarafi, K. Kelesi, I. Anastasiou) in a state of protection witness program without being entitled to it
– in violation of the procedural guarantees with the methodology of obtaining successive deposits, it examined the 3 protected persons for months, attempting with each subsequent deposit to complete the previous one, allowing or even imposing the deposit knowingly false documents, mainly in expressive simple opinion without any dismissal. which supports this view
– did not conduct a substantive investigation as it would oppose the false information it knowingly collected
– Among these witnesses was the coordination and dictation of objectives to create the conditions for the establishment of a pre-trial committee or the prosecution of the crime of money laundering, such as the case in Parliament, which referred to D. Avramopoulos. .
The document states in more detail that Ms. Touloupaki is called for explanations for the offenses:
1) Abuse of power by complicity in a felony in a real series.
The offense against the Greek anticorruption prosecutors consists in the fact that from April 2017 to 5.2.2018 as states
“with more than one act you committed more crimes punishable by temporary deprivation of liberty sentences and specifically while you were an employee who was assigned to your duties the prosecution or interrogation of criminal acts, you knowingly exposed an innocent person to prosecution or punishment. “
“In particular, while you had the specialty of Corruption Prosecutor of Athens and carried out a preliminary examination after the above-mentioned colleagues, to verify the commission of criminal acts of criminal infidelity against the state, bribery, and bribery of an employee against the public are bribed. pharmaceuticals and in particular those produced and marketed in the Greek market by the Novartis company, you filed the EC 2016/373 case against the ten political figures mentioned in it for the criminal acts attributed to them by exposing them knowingly, punishment with fabricated and false elements which you have collected. More specifically, after selecting three witnesses to whom you gave the nicknames “Kelesi Aikaterini”, “Maximos Sarafis”, “Ioannis Anastasiou”, you put them in a privileged protection regime to grant them immunity that was not justified since they did not collect consecutive data and the required conditions. Guarantees with the methodology of receiving successive deposits, you examined them over the course of months, trying with each subsequent deposit to complete the previous one, allowing or even imposing the deposit knowingly false documents, mainly in a simple expression without any evidence to support their opinion. This, in the context of the effort to create criminal liability by refraining from conducting any research that could provide objective information as these would oppose the false deposits that you knowingly received, without investigating absolutely anything else for months and more. without directly transmitting the data to the Parliament as defined by the Constitution “.
“In addition, among these witnesses there was coordination and dictation of objectives in order to create conditions for the establishment of a pre-investigation committee or the prosecution of the crime of money laundering, such as the case file sent to Parliament during the section against Dimitris Avramopoulos f. Minister of Health and Social Solidarity, and EU Commissioner for Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship ».
2) abuse of power by complicity in a degree of misconduct
3) continuous breach of duty
4) false certificate continuously ”
It should be noted that the subpoena was made and delivered to anti-corruption Prosecutor Eleni Touloupaki on March 4, 2020 and Mrs. Touloupaki avoid to appear in person to the Prosecutor of the Supreme Court, instead submitted her explanations in writing.